Mark Fisher and Garry Rivard operate a farm up the slopes of Hislop Road above Tyhee Lake in Telkwa.
- 1 lb zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 tsp plus ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup diced green onions or chives
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten with a fork
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- Wash zucchini and trim ends. Grate zucchini, put in a large bowl and stir in 1 tsp salt. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, squeeze handfuls of zucchini over the sink to remove extra water.
- Add another ¼ tsp salt, or to taste. Next add green onion, egg, pepper and give it a stir.
- In a small bowl combine flour and baking powder, then stir into the zucchini mixture. Mix everything well.
- In a large heavy bottomed non-stick skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over med-high heat. Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, add zucchini mixture to the skillet and gently flatten the tops with a spatula.
- Cook about 3-5 min per side on medium-high heat, adding oil as needed, until golden brown. If they brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium. Place on a paper towel for a few minutes to soak up some oil.
- Serve with sour cream or yogurt.