Amanda and Mark operate a family-run organic farm that produces mixed vegetables, berries, and livestock.
Squash Walnut Pancakes (or muffins)
Made as muffins, these can be made ahead and reheated for a quick breakfast. For a leisurely morning, make as pancakes.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C milk
- 3/4 C squash puree
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 C almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- For muffins, preheat oven to 350oF. Grease or line muffin tins.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into muffin tins, or onto pre-heated griddle if making pancakes.
- Bake muffins for 20 mins. Cool briefly before removing from tin. Makes 12 muffins
- 1 C squash puree
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
- 1/2 C apple cider or apple juice
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients for sauce in blender or food processor and mix well, 'till smooth.
- Heat gently before serving, pour over pancakes or on cut open muffins.
From Alive Magazine November 2013