Jim and Brenda Forsyth run Suskwa Valley Farm in the beautiful Suskwa valley, east of New Hazelton.
Sprout and White Bean Dip
Green White Bean Dip
- 150 grams (one Harvest Box serving) of sunflower sprouts or pea shoots
- 1 can white or garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 or 3 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 or 4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce/cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- black pepper
- In a food processor, roughly chop sprouts, lemon juice and garlic.
- Add beans, tahini and spices. Process to a puree, adding oil one tablespoon at a time.
- Add water or more oil or lemon juice (depending on your taste preference) until dip reaches desired consistency.
- Enjoy with crackers, veggie sticks or as a spread for sandwiches and wraps.