We are a small scale treatment free beekeeping operation located in the Bulkley Valley of British Columbia.
Cabbage and Apple Saute
A family classic--from Dawn's Nan's childhood.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 C apple cider or juice
- 1 pound shredded cabbage (~5 cups)
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped sage
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and sauté until softened.
- Add cider vinegar and apple cider, cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add cabbage, apples, caraway seeds, and chopped sage. Cover and simmer 5 - 10 minutes, till cabbage is cooked to your preference.