Fairhaven Farm is SULADS Canada’s Agricultural Development project, demonstrating healthy living through healthy food, highlighting the productivity of the land.
Apple Beet Puree
Combine the fall bounty of apples with beets for a nice accompaniment to a pork roast or as a kid-friendly side dish.
- 2 lb beets (skins on)
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 tart apples chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup raspberry or redwine vinegar
- Boil beets until tender (about 45 mins). Cool beets, slip skins off and chop.
- Combine onion, apple, sugar and vinegar and sauté in the butter for 20 minutes.
- Combine beet and apple mixtures and process into a puree. Serve warm or cool.