We are a small scale treatment free beekeeping operation located in the Bulkley Valley of British Columbia.
Apple Beet Puree
Combine the fall bounty of apples with beets for a nice accompaniment to a pork roast or as a kid-friendly side dish.
- 2 lb beets (skins on)
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 tart apples chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup raspberry or redwine vinegar
- Boil beets until tender (about 45 mins). Cool beets, slip skins off and chop.
- Combine onion, apple, sugar and vinegar and sauté in the butter for 20 minutes.
- Combine beet and apple mixtures and process into a puree. Serve warm or cool.